Friday, October 27, 2006

Weaving hats


I've been weaving hats for Christmas on the 12" square loom. This one is the model for a kit I'm making up to donate to an up-coming retreat. It's Bernat boucle` yarn in their Super Stripes line. I like the texture for these hats. I've used handspun, chenille, the big fat chenille from Lion Brand woven every other nail, also their Woolease, which is just the opposite, very fine and needing fulling in the machine to be perfect. Plain Redheart worsted also works nicely. You can hardly miss on this project. With the fancier yarns you can add a woven flower to peek from under the 'brim' or like this one add a pompom. In black or navy without the pompom, they make a 'watch cap'. Great in team colors... my BIL's company loco is black and bright yellow. His will be Koolaid dyed yellow in handspun wool. That should keep his ears warm out there in the eastern Oregon high desert this winter!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

I love the hat!


Dora Renee' Wilkerson

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home