Monday, October 23, 2006

A finished project!


Went to Sis's this weekend and we used the handwoven to re cover the old rocker. BIL says he can remember that rocker in his Mom's house when he and his 6 brothers were growing up. Says it got a lot of hard use! It's looking pretty good now. I think Mom would approve!
I have a bit of the fabric left over that I will find something special to do with... my first fabric off that loom.
I'm really pleased with this whole project and am looking forward to doing more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

That is so wonderful! I love the rocker as well as the fabric that you wove for it. Did you do new upholstering also? I only buy old furniture from auctions and stuff and have a jumble of patterns and colors in their cushions. Would have never gotten the idea to weave something for them myself,thanks for the inspiration!!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home